Current Job Vacancies
Trainee Leakage Engineer - Cheshire/Wirral
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to either progress or kick start their engineering career, to join our field-based team working across Cheshire and the Wirral. As part of the role, you will be supported to develop your expertise in the analysis, reporting and management of water supply and distribution networks. You will be provided with all the training and support you need to progress from a Trainee Leakage Engineer, gaining solid technical engineering experience, to then become a future leader and manager within our organisation. No previous experience required.
The role will predominantly be field-based and will involve surveying water mains to detect leakage and carrying out network validation, with tasks to include, although will not be limited to:
- Carrying out leakage detection surveys and investigations
- Correlating and pinpointing leaks using specialist equipment
- Setting up and deploying acoustic loggers on fittings in the water network
- Checking the status of valves on the water network
- Checking pressures on the water network and installing pressure loggers
- Installing flow logging equipment on water meters
- Conducting flow and pressure tests on the network
- Conducting unaccounted for water investigations
You’ll gain practical skills, knowledge and hands-on experience by working alongside our experienced team and following a structured training plan, including courses delivered by industry leaders.
As a Trainee Leakage Engineer, you will benefit from:
- A starting salary of circa £20,000 per annum
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
- Comprehensive training and career development opportunities
All PPE and work kit will be provided, such as boots, high visibility jackets, trousers, company polo shirts etc.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible start times available between 8am and 10am, and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
What Do You Need
- Desire to either progress or kick start a career in engineering, with ideally an Engineering, Environmental or Science related degree
- Willingness to travel to different locations and work outside in variable weather conditions
- Full UK driving licence
- Physically fit and able to lift and manoeuvre equipment
- Excellent communication skills and a customer focused attitude
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
Although not essential, an understanding of water networks would be beneficial.
Who are we?
Our head office is in Birkenhead and we have regional offices in Penrith and Swindon. Our software and services are used by major water operators in the UK and Ireland, South East Asia, the Middle East, the Caribbean and South America.
The term ‘smart water’ is used in the industry for the type of software and consultancy services that we provide, and indeed we are at the forefront of innovation towards the advanced use of sensors, controls, modelling and analysis for future network management.
Established in 1985, our team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what we do. We are proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to our commitment to developing all personnel. We benefit from a longstanding workforce and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities, making this a great time to join us as a Trainee Leakage Engineer.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email email@example.com