Current Job Vacancies
Data Platform Software Engineer
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be involved in the end-to-end software development life cycle on our AWS cloud platform, working with domain experts on
domain modelling of raw and canonical data sets. You’ll design, develop and test data pipelines, integrations, APIs and data services, monitoring and
supporting operational systems and implementing dev-ops best practice, whilst researching new technologies, prototyping, and bringing innovation to
our data platform.
You'll benefit from:
- A starting salary of up to £55,000 with the level dependent on experience and qualifications
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working full time Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours a day with flexible start times available between 8am and 10am, and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
We’re based in Central Birkenhead (Merseyside), easily accessible with great transport links, although there may be a requirement for you to work from home initially due to the Covid-19 government restrictions.
To be considered for this vacancy, you will need:
- Strong data engineering experience including developing data-centric cloud solutions (ETL, APIs, Analytics)
- Strong foundation in software development practices and design (DDD, BDD, TDD, EIP)
Plus, solid experience of at least one or more of the following:
- High-Level programming languages (Java, Python, NodeJS, TypeScript, C#)
- Cloud native data solutions (APIs, containers, serverless, multi-tenancy, events)
- Varied database systems (Object, Relational, Document, Time Series, etc)
- Modern data formats (JSON, Parquet, Avro, Protobuf)
- DevOps Practices and Tools (Configuration as code, CI/CD, Docker)
- Design of Batch, Stream, or Event based data processes
- Enterprise Integration Patterns and Tools
Who we are?
Established in 1985, the growing team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what Crowder does, which is why the business is proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to the company’s commitment to developing all personnel.
Crowder benefits from a longstanding dedicated workforce, and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities within the business, making this a great time to join as a Data Platform Software Engineer.
All applications for this Data Platform Software Engineer (Data Engineering) vacancy are to be submitted via email, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to email@example.com
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org