Current Job Vacancies
Joining our team at Crowder Consulting as a Business Administrator, you will undertake a varied role where you will not only provide general administration support across the business, but you’ll also have the opportunity to be involved in more specific tasks within Marketing, HR, Vehicle Management, Health and Safety and Field Services Support.
Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Providing assistance with tenders and proposals
- Taking ownership of keeping the company website and social media pages up to date
- Developing presentations and marketing materials, with full training and guidance provided
- Supporting HR with tasks including implementing new policies, training, and inductions
- Taking ownership for the management of the company’s fleet of vehicles
- Providing support for field-based colleagues
As a Business Administrator, you’ll receive a starting salary in the region of £20,000, dependent on level of experience, along with additional benefits including; employer contributory pension scheme, annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service.
You’ll be employed on a permanent contract, working full time Monday to Friday, 7.5 hours a day. There is some flexibility available around start times between 8am and 10am and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm, although must also be suited to business requirements. We’re based in Central Birkenhead (Merseyside), easily accessible with great transport links. Depending on the Covid-19 situation, there may be a temporary requirement to work from home.
Day to Day Duties
Admin and Reception duties including:
- Answering telephone, dealing with post and deliveries
- Dealing with visitors
- Printing, collating & binding materials
- Checking and ordering stationery and other consumables
- Travel / accommodation organisation, including international travel, visa requirements, risk assessment etc
- Organising staff Christmas party and sending out e-cards / calendars to clients.
Website / Social Media:
- Ensure content is kept up to date by adding in new information, images, news articles etc as required.
- Monitor the search engine results, ensure the search engine is optimised.
- Meetings with website designer to discuss improvements / updates required that cannot be carried out in-house.
- Maintain Facebook, Linkedin page, Twitter and Google+ as required.
- Look at sending out enews updates (newsletters)
Role Specific Duties
Dealing with enquires, initial correspondence and proposals:
- These will usually be directed from website.
- Where relevant send out initial marketing materials, further information about Company.
- Putting them in touch with the relevant people either internally or with our international partners (where relevant).
- Where relevant send out customised version of the standard proposal document.
- Setting up demos, answering further information etc.
- Following up with potential clients where appropriate.
Tenders & Prequalification Documents:
- Assisting in the production of high quality documentation
- Collating general information such as insurance details, environmental / H&S policies, accounts information.
HR duties including:
- Dealing with candidates attending interviews
- Induction of new staff
- Organising staff training, both internally and externally
- Maintaining staff training register and training evaluations
- Provision of HR support to our expanding remote field-based teams
- Assistance in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures where necessary.
Liaison with Field Based Teams:
- Maintaining daily contact, acting as a focal point for any issues.
- Maintaining their timesheets.
- Organising accommodation, purchasing equipment and training as required.
- Administering the StaySafe application.
Vehicle duties including:
- Liaison internally and with hire companies over new / changes to existing vehicles, organising swap overs
- Insurance, breakdown, trackers and fuel cards
- Monthly checklists / mileage books
Health & Safety support including:
- Provision of assistance to Health & Safety Manager as and when required
- Updating documents and risk assessments
- Organising training and maintaining register
- Carrying our risk assessments
Marketing Materials (leaflets, flyers, posters, promotional gifts):
- Maintain standard material such as overview document, case studies.
- Design artwork and content for new material including flyers, posters etc.
- Produce material for specific events when required.
- Send out information as and when required i.e. mail shots prior to conferences etc.
- Maintain standard presentation, update when necessary.
- Produce high quality animated presentations with Managing Director / others for specific events.
- Assist other members of staff in ensuring their presentations meet the standard format.
Conferences / Exhibitions (IWA, Water UK etc):
- Event organisation including booths at relevant exhibitions and ensure all material is prepared for the exhibition.
- Prepare presentations, material etc for the event.
- Act as focal contact point, send out mail shots before the conference, follow up on potential leads afterwards.
- Arrange travel and accommodation.
- Attendance at conferences, meeting with potential clients etc
Event Organisation (User Group, Technical Forum):
- Overall organisation of event – venue, invites to clients, ensure event runs smoothly.
- Prepare presentations, material etc for the event.
Client Satisfaction Survey (Annually):
- Devise questionnaire and set up survey
- Collate list of clients and distribute survey
- Analyse responses when returned and produce report.
Basic IT skills and the ability to develop advanced skills in the following:
- A foundation of experience gained within business administration, and / or a relevant degree or other qualification such as HNC / HND
- Experience in the use of MS Office products such PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio, Publisher.
- Square Systems Website Programming, HTML, use of social media
- Use of the Internet and Email.
- Adobe drawing packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Image files such as jpeg, tiff, bitmap, eps
- Experience maintaining Facebook, Linkedin page, Twitter and Google+
- Team player who gets on well with others but can work independently.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and a good telephone manner.
- Flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and ambitious
A full UK driving licence would be advantageous for this role.
Who we are?
Established in 1985, the growing team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what Crowder does, which is why the business is proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to the company’s commitment to developing all personnel.
Crowder benefits from a longstanding dedicated workforce, and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities within the business, making this a great time to join as a Business Administrator.
All applications for this Business Administrator vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to email@example.com
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org