Current Job Vacancies
Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
Crowder Consulting are leading consultants in water and waste water network management.We are specialists in the fields of leakage, hydraulic modelling, asset management, capital maintenance, technical and operational support. Crowder are the originators and developers of Netbase, the leading water management information system used by several major water companies across the UK and overseas.
Joining our team at Crowder Consulting as an Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper, you’ll receive a starting salary in the region of £28,500 (full time equivalent) pro rata with the level dependent on experience, along with additional benefits including; employer contributory pension scheme and the option for flexible working days.
You’ll be employed on a fixed term contract for 15 months to cover maternity leave. Working 30 hours over 4 days per week, 7.5 hours a day with flexible start times available between 8am and 10am, and finish times between 4:30pm and 6:30pm.
We’re based in Central Birkenhead (Merseyside), easily accessible with great transport links. Depending on the Covid-19 situation, there may be a temporary requirement to work from home.
The role of Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper
As part of a small accounts team, you will be responsible for producing financial reports for the Senior Management team on a monthly basis. Your role will have an element of general administration work but will primarily involve:
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounting records on Sage Line 50 and Microsoft Excel
- Completing banking duties, including payment of suppliers, foreign petty cash, and multi-currency bank reconciliations
- Managing the purchase ledger, including reconciliation of credit cards
- Processing the sales ledger including responsibility for the preparation of monthly income statements and sending out of invoices (in consultation with the project managers) and recording of foreign currency receipts
- Undertaking credit control activities
- Preparing and submitting VAT returns
- Producing monthly management accounts and annual accounts information, including P&L, balance sheet and forecasting of cash flow
There will be a period of training and hand over with the current post holder, to allow you to incrementally take over the role.
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Proven experience with accounts administration and producing monthly management accounts
- Advanced working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts and Microsoft Office including Excel (using pivots tables etc)
- High level of attention to detail, along with accurate and timely data entry skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and ambitious
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
Who we are?
Established in 1985, the growing team of over 120 employees are at the heart of what Crowder does, which is why the business is proud to have been Investors in People accredited since 2004, a testament to the company’s commitment to developing all personnel.
Crowder benefits from a longstanding dedicated workforce, and continued growth plans provide superb career opportunities within the business.
All applications for this Accounts Assistant / Bookkeeper vacancy are to be submitted via email, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Apply: Send your CV and covering letter, quoting the above reference, by email to email@example.com
To find out more about us, please submit an enquiry online.
Alternatively, you can call us on +44 (0) 151 647 7772 during office hours (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30)
or email firstname.lastname@example.org